The Morton House around 1870, was a two story house,

prior to being hit by a tornado in the early 1900s, making it a single story home. The Brittains owned the house around 1890.

A photo of the George Morton House submitted to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.

Photo courtesy of the National Park Service.

                                        Morton-Brittain House Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

 



John Sherwood Brittain family in front of Brittain homeplace, left: James (Jim), Bessie, Mrs. Kate Brittain, Harry, Pauline, Bargo, Annie Mary, John S. Brittain (shared by Will Brittain, Nolensville 1797-1987: Reflections of a Tennessee Town)